Model 4084 is a versatile, laboratory grade synthesized function generator. Direct digital synthesis (DDS) techniques are used to create stable, accurate output signals for all 27 built-in standard and complex (arbitrary) waveforms. The generator produces high purity, low distortion sine waves and provides a full suite of analog modulation capabilities including AM, FM, FSK, PSK, pulse modulation, burst mode and linear/logarithmic sweep combined with multiple trigger modes. The 4084’s versatility and capabilities make it an ideal tool for many general-purpose test and bench applications or for use in Training and Education.
- Frequency range of 1µHz to 20MHz for sine and square
- Clean and stable output of very small signals down to the 1mV to 10mV range (50 ohm)
- Support of internal and external modulation sources as well as internal, external and gated trigger sources
- Convenient data input via numeric keypad or knob
- Adjust modulation parameters precisely and over a wide range
- Fully programmable via the standard RS232 interface using SCPI compatible commands
- 100 MHz Universal Counter with frequency measurement and totalize function