Used-Line can place your listings on the site either by spidering your existing site, or by uploading a spreadsheet. To set up the spider, simply email the url of your website or online store to your sales rep or to email@example.com. For the spreadsheet, please see below.
How to Create and Submit Your Used-Line Spreadsheet
Step 1 – Create the Spreadsheet
Try our spreadsheet template.
Optimal Columns for the Spreadsheet
Here is a list of the optimal data fields for the spreadsheet. The minimum fields are MFR and Model, although the more fields you create, the better the listings will be.
- MFR - Item Make or Manufacturer
- Model - Model Number
- Desc - Description
- Price - Price in Dollars. This should be just a number, no $ sign. If there is no price, leave it blank and "Call" will be displayed.
- Picture - Link to Photo (if available). Please include entire url path to image file.
- Link - Relevant for Premium Items only. Links to the item page on the dealer’s website. Leave this empty unless you signed up for the Premium Items Add-On.
- Options - Options over and above the standard configuration, such as, available upgrades and available extras, for example, memory upgrades, software, port configurations, rack mount kits, accessories, licenses, etc.
- Category - Keywords are used to help our robot determine the correct category. Used-Line subcategory names work best. Not required, but highly recommended.
- In_Stock - If you paid for the "In Stock" option for your listings, please write "in stock" where applicable and our robot will put the special "In Stock" icon in the corresponding listings. You can also type the number "1" in this column for the items you want to show as in stock. Leave the columns blank where you don’t want the icon to appear.
- Condition - Item condition. I.e. new, used, refurbished etc.
Step 2 – Submit the Spreadsheet
Email your completed spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 1 – 2 business days for the listings to post.
Step 3 – Check Your Listings and Contact Information
To take a look at your uploaded listings within your Used-Line portal, please log in and choose My UL. View your listings in the My Auto Ads tab.
After you register with Used-Line, you can log in and make sure that all of your company data is up-to-date, and send yourself a test Request to make sure that you are receiving them at the correct email address. If you wish, you can also check how your ads are doing, by viewing your Statistics inside the My Ads menu.
Step 4 – Update Your Listings
You can email your updates to email@example.com any time you want to replenish the listings. Be sure to keep your most recent spreadsheet on hand and update from there, including those items that you still want to keep current, because each submission overwrites the previous file.
What if I lost my last spreadsheet? Do I have to start from scratch, or can I download the existing listings?
Not to worry. You can download the entire list by clicking Export to Excel at the bottom of one of your listings pages. If you have been viewing listings in, say, only one of your categories, click All inside the My Ads menu before you perform the export. After the file has been created, you can update it with any new changes, and then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I create a link to the photo?
Go to the listing on your website. Right-click on the picture and select "copy image url" and insert this into the spreadsheet. This is what’s known as an image path.
What if I don’t have a photo hosted online?
Our robot will search our database for a stock photo. If none exists, there just won’t be a picture for that item.
How long before the new listings are updated to Used-Line.com?
1-2 business days. Spreadsheets submitted on Thursday usually post on Sunday.
What if I want to spider my listings?
Just email email@example.com with your request, and cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I do both – spider my site and send a spreadsheet?
Not at the present moment. You need to choose one method or the other.
Where can I see my uploaded spreadsheet in my Used-Line portal?
In My UL, choose My Ads and then choose the My Auto Ads tab.
Why do only some items have the date of the most recent update?
Under the "date" column for your auto ads, it shows the date of the first time that item was uploaded. So if you uploaded your Spectrum Analyzer for the first time on May 15th, it will show that date until the item is erased from your spreadsheet.
Can I update my listings manually?
You can, provided you have slots for Featured Items. You can purchase these slots from your Used-Line rep.
What are the benefits of Featured Items?
Featured Items appear at the top of the search results for that item, can be edited manually, and you can add up to 5 photos per ad. These listings will occasionally appear above the search results in their own box when the overall category is searched.
Can I Feature my spreadsheet listings?
Yes. After your sheet is uploaded, simply go to My Auto Ads and select Feature This Ad next to the listings you wish to feature.
Oops! I chose the wrong listing. How can I insert this back into my feed?
From My Manual Ads (Featured Items), click Unfeature next to the listing you decided not to feature.
How can I erase a listing from My Auto Ads?
If you have at least 1 Featured ad slot available, simply Feature that item, go to My Manual Ads (Featured Items), and then click Delete next to the listing you want to remove. If you don’t have any slots for Featured Items, then you will have to erase it from your spreadsheet and re-send the spreadsheet to email@example.com for a new upload.
More questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.